Are you an Ontario small business with employees? Do your employees require training in managing your accounting/bookkeeping processes? If so, this blog post is for you.
The Canada-Ontario Job Grant offers training subsidies of up to 2/3 of the cost of training your permanent employees to improve their job skills. Prospective employees to whom you have already extended an offer to hire are also eligible. Applying is easy and the expected turnaround time for approval is just a few days.
How it works:
- Start with a no-obligation telephone consultation with BookSmarts to identify your training needs and recipients. The grant is only available for employees of private businesses (not government or Broader Public sector employees.) Business owners and temporary employees are not eligible for the training grant.
- BookSmarts will provide a training synopsis and support in completing the Job Grant application.
- Complete the Canada-Ontario Job Grant training application online–you must have an approved grant application before training takes place.
- After the training, BookSmarts will provide your employee(s) with a certificate of completion, which is necessary for claiming your grant.
- You are responsible for paying for the training directly, after which you will receive a reimbursement from the grant program for up to 2/3 of the training cost.
For more information on the Canada-Ontario Job Grant program, contact BookSmarts today or click this link: http://www.tcu.gov.on.ca/eng/eopg/cojg/